November 14 - Celebration of the Arizona Wine Growers Winemaker Reception at
The winemaker reception is open to the public, but has limited availability. This exclusive event includes an awards ceremony followed by heavy appetizers specially prepared with local produce by Quiessence Restaurant and Santa Barbara Catering. The winning wineries will be present to discuss their wine and winemaking philosophy. The cost to attend this special event is $75 per person. Guests will have an opportunity to meet and mingle with the honorable Arizona Grower's Cup and Winemaker's Medal award winners, while sampling the top scoring wines from the 2014 competition.
November 15, 2014 - Festival at the Farm at The Farm at South Mountain
Don't miss your chance to meet the folks behind the rising Arizona wine movement and sip the juice from our state's beautiful wine regions! Vino lovers from amateurs to aficionados will love the outdoor interactive events including wine tastings, educational seminars, a picnic lunch, and live and silent auctions at the 6th Annual Festival at The Farm.
11:00-12:00PM | The Emergence of Submergence in Arizona
A work in progress exploring various approaches to submerged cap fermentations.
- Maynard Keenan, Caduceus Cellars, will present tank samples from the 2014
vintage and Todd Bostock, Dos Cabezas WineWorks, will moderate a discussion of Maynard’s work with submerged cap fermentations. Samples will provide insight into how this form of cap management influences wine character and quality. Seating and samples will be limited--first come, first served. Please bring your tasting glass--no additional glassware will be provided..
12:00-5:00PM | Grand Wine Tasting
Presented by Arizona Wine Growers Association
- Arizona wineries from across the state offer hundreds of wines for tastings. Sip, savor, and discover the varietals grown in Arizona.
- Sample delectable bites from some of Arizona's local culinarians.
12:00-4:30PM | Picnic Lunch in The Grove
The Farm Kitchen has prepared a picnic lunch to pair with your favorite wines. When you are ready, please walk over to the kitchen and the folks at The Farm will serve lunch.
12:00-3:30PM | People's Choice Competition
1:00-1:30PM | Celebrate Arizona Award Winning Wines
- The Arizona Wine Competition is conducted annually by the Arizona Republic with an expert panel of judges. Taste some of the winning wines from the 2014 Wine Competition and learn why the judges selected these wines as the best of the best. Each winemaker will provide the vision for the wine, background on how the wine was created, and discuss that vintage's growing conditions that might have influenced the wine's quality.
Host & Moderator: Richard Ruelas of the Arizona Republic
Winemakers: To be determined when the winners are announced!
1:45-2:45PM | Arizona Terroir
Arizona’s has three distinct wine regions that are growing grapes and producing
wine. Come hear from winemakers and growers from each region discuss
what grapes are doing well and how the terroir and erratic nature of Arizona’s
climate influences the flavors of the wine.
- Cochise County: Michael Pierce, Bodega Pierce/Saeculum Cellars; and James
Callahan, Rune Wines
- Sonoita/Elgin: Lori and Rob Reynolds, Sonoita Vineyards; and Todd Bostock, Dos
- Verde Valley: Joe Bechard, Chateau Tumbleweed
12:00-3:00PM | Silent Auction
- Bid on wine, special dinners, gift certificates, and more!
3:00-4:30PM | Live Auction
Amazing auction lots include Chef-Winemaker pairings, vacation packages, and wine tasting experiences. The Chef-Winemaker pairings will include an opportunity to bid on a culinary and wine tasting adventure. This year's packages are expected to be similar to the 2013 packages, which included dinners for six prepared by the Chef along with wines produced by the Winemaker.
A few of the pairings from 2013 were:
Make sure to pre-register at the silent auction in order to qualify for some great giveaways!
5:00PM | Conclusion of The Festival